Translate

Monday, July 21, 2014

Where Do You Draw the Line?

How do you know when you have crossed that line? I mean is there a sign or a warning when you have finally crossed that mental line? When your stress becomes depression, is there a flashing sign that says you have finally lost it? When you know you are doing the wrong thing and that it will have a VERY negative effect on the ones you love, is there a warning bell or a flashing light? I mean of course there isn't REALLY, but mentally... is there something there to tell you that you are about to cross a line of no return? I mean I just don't understand how some people can cross a line that will so blatantly change their lives and then the only defense they have for it is, "I'm sorry."

What are you sorry for? Are you sorry for crossing the line? Are you sorry that it had the effect you knew that it would? Are you sorry that you knew you were making a bad choice but made it anyway? I mean, how can you say you are sorry when you made that choice knowingly. If you were truly sorry wouldn't you have made a different choice?

For me, there is definitely a warning. I know that I am about to lose it. I know that I am about to go ape shit crazy and lose my marbles. I know that if things do not change I will go mad. I know that I have enough stress that I am at a breaking point and I don't want to break. When I have a choice that is going to affect those around me and I KNOW without a doubt that it will not be something good, I have to hesitate before I make a choice. I have to weigh my odds and decide which is going to be the worse of the outcomes and then I make my choice. PERSONALLY, I would choose NOT to do something that I knew would devastate my world or my family. I would choose NOT to do something that there is no changing. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks the same way I do. Sometimes you cross a line in a momentary impulse and once you have crossed it there is absolutely no going back. Some people, once that line is crossed figure that since they have already crossed, they may as well stay and play a while. Never realizing that the longer you stay on the other side of the line, the more damage you cause. Sometimes it doesn't matter how long you are on the other side of the line, the fact that you even went there is enough to destroy all you have built.

I guess the point to all of this is to THINK. Seriously, think about what the hell you are doing and how it will affect others around you. There are always options. If that line absolutely MUST be crossed, there are more ways than one to cross. I mean you can cross at the corner or in the middle of the road. You can choose to do this and keep it to yourself until it is exposed and pay double the price, or you can discuss it ahead of time and try to consider your options.

If you know that the decision you are about to make affects someone other than you, maybe you should discuss that choice with the other person that will be affected?

Sometimes your crossing the line can be the catalyst to another crossing a different line. Like that line of mental clarity vs loss. Sometimes one person's bad choice results in another person's mental break. Or one person's mental break can result in another person's crossing a line.

When your life is tied so closely to the lives of others, all of your choices, good and bad will affect the lives of those others. If you have any love or compassion for them at all, stop and heed the warnings. Pay attention to the alarms and warning bells. Don't be so selfish as to cross lines that you can not uncross. Don't be so careless as to throw someone's life into the drain or across another line.

Remember when you make a vow or commitment to another, that all of your choices and all of your decisions will now affect that other and therefore, you should include that other in such choices and decisions.

Your consideration could save someone a mental break. Your accepting responsibility beforehand rather than apologizing afterward may just be the thing that helps them deal with a situation in an adult manner or being emotionally charged and making wrong choices.

Understanding that we are all connected and what one does will affect all others in one manner or another is a huge part of making better choices. Of course you have to want to make better choices and you have to care about the others in order for any of this to matter.

In the end, no matter which way you handle your line crossing, you had better be ready to stand up and take the backlash. There WILL be a back lash. You can either take it like the adult you should have been and try to repair the damage caused and clean up the mess made, or you can be immature and play the blame game and lay fault. Again, the choice is yours.

We have all been hurt. We have all been on the verge of a mental break. I dont know about you but I dont like being place in either position. This is the reason I try to be conscientious of the choices I make and who is going to be affected by them. Its your life, its your choice, this was just my rambling mind with an opinion I felt I needed to voice.

Live well and treat those you love with courtesy and respect. Be the best person you can be and try your damnedest NOT to be the cause of someone's mental break.  Love and be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment