Translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Momma Needs a Nap!



So the MP refused to nap today. We had a morning full of challenges. Everything was a battle. After laying in her bed for an hour playing and singing and kicking the wall I realized she was not going to go to sleep and let her get up. So far she is being quiet with her snack while watching Paw Patrol.

My house is in shambles and my OCD is in high distress alert! I have boxes stacked 8 ft high and you can not find the computer room at all. All of the furniture is taken apart and stored in the bedroom and the dining room. The living room has been taken over by boxes and the sofa is stacked 7 ft tall with blankets that will be used to wrap furniture and pillows that will be used to stuff the car top carrier.  I have one chair and one love seat that can be used as furniture and I am seriously battling high anxiety over this cluttered mess. I realize it is all for a good reason and that in 6 days we will be leaving to finally be reunited with my loving husband however I am having a very difficult time coping with this level of anxiety for the next six days!

We have abnormally cold temperatures and today are supposed to be getting 2-4 inches of snow. I know most of the country has had subzero temps and snow since December, but we had 65 degrees yesterday! This weather means MP is stuck inside and with the house in the shape it is in, there is nothing for her to do and no where for her to go! We are trying to find games to play and stories to read (that haven't been packed) to help keep her occupied. Doing a lot of singing and a little bit of dancing where we can find room for it. Needless to say with the combination of obstacles my motherhood technique is truly being tested!

Trying to gather some information and ideas for a small Imbolc celebration for the two of us. We can not do a full ritual or a large celebration due to everything being packed and we will be full blown in the middle of packing the moving truck on Imbolc. I am however going to take time out later in the evening for she and I to have a small little celebration since she is at the perfect age to begin to learn bits and pieces and I think that celebration of "new beginnings" and "Rebirth" are extremely appropriate considering what is going on in our lives right now! Talk about timing! I could not have planned it this way. That plan was definitely laid by someone higher than me!

Here is to hoping I can get her Rapunzel dress off of her and washed at least once between now and the 3rd or its going to be a really sticky, smelly ride to Arizona!

Love and light and thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment