Translate

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Beginning Anew



It would seem that everyone has a blog these days. I have been told many times that I should blog about the adventures of my little one or about the opinions that I so freely share. I have avoided this for so long because I am always afraid that I will not be able to blog regularly enough to keep the flow going.

I have decided to start this blog today for several reasons.

First, I think it is probably best to vent in a more controlled environment than just out there in social media land. Don't get me wrong, I have vented ALL OVER social media in the past and I am not judging those who vent there now. Your page is your page. Do what you want with it. I have just decided that there should be less of that on MY page.

I am on a journey to better my world by bettering myself and my immediate surroundings. If I keep my posts limited to bright and happy things then those who "troll" my page will get bright and happy messages. Those who want to know more about what is really going on in my life will discover my blog and come read when they are curious as to what adventures are going on in my world when they arrive. Well at least that is the plan.

Nothing ever goes according to plan. Like this move.

We are moving from South Carolina to Arizona. My husband and I are both very excited about this move and we believe that it is definitely what is best for our family. Of course, our family doesn't necessarily agree with that. We have 6 adult children between us and one daughter that is 3 yrs old. The 3yr old is the one we very commonly refer to as the Monster Princess or MP for short. MP is extremely excited about moving to a "big, new house" so she can see her Daddy. Daddy has been gone since November.

The adult children and the inlaws are the family that are not extremely thrilled with our choice to trek across country. Everyone has their own reasons to not like us being so far away, but these are their reasons and not ours.

As the days go on and I prattle on about much of nothing, I am hoping to be able to lighten your days, bring a twist of insight to things you may not have considered and shed a bit of light on some of the things that were shrouded in darkness of ignorance or misunderstanding. I am by NO MEANS an expert in any field. But I am knowledgeable about many things. I am not here to teach anyone anything from a scholarly point of view, but if you learn something from my day to day rants then I have completed the job I have set out to do.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for being curious enough to want to learn about me and the lifestyle I am trying to live, teach my family and cultivate in my own small corner of the world.  I promise, the blogs will be much more interesting as time goes on. Also please feel free to check out the blogs of my friends as they may also shed some insight onto some of the topics I discuss.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you all kinds of fun in your new cyber-cottage. The universe knows that I would be a lump of anxiety without mind. We all need a place to call ours, online or off of it.

    I'm sorry your family is not thrilled about you g going to Arizona. Relocations are tough on those who love us and have to stay behind, but they will be all right once they see you, your little girl and your husband happy. We must take care of ourselves, right?

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. You need a "Follow" button! In case you are new to blogger, the button is under "More Gadgets."

      So... "Add a Gadget" to "More Gadgets" and the Followers button is at the very bottom. ;-)

      Delete
    2. I am VERY new to blogger! Thank you so much for your support and your suggestions!

      Delete